www.halifax-online.co.uk – Manage your Halifax Credit Card OnlineCredit Card
How to Log In for the Halifax Credit Card :
Earlier in the year 1853, The Halifax Society was started as the Halifax Permanent Benefit Building and Investment Society. The thought was brainstormed in a meeting room which was arranged over the Old Cock Inn near the first Building Society building. Just like all previous building societies, the main aim of the society was for the mutual advantage of local working individuals along with the investors with excess money would put their resources into the society to get revenue, and borrowers could get loans to finance the purchase of their own house or land.
Halifax was earlier recognized as the Halifax Building Society is a British financial banking organization working as a trading division of Bank of Scotland, and it is a completely possessed auxiliary of well known Lloyds Banking Group. It was named after the town of Halifax, West Yorkshire, the United Kingdom where it was established as a building society in 1853. The Halifax Society had formed into the United Kingdom’s biggest building society by the year 1913 and proceeded to develop and flourish and maintained this position inside the United Kingdom until 1997 when it demutualized.
In 1997 it became Halifax plc, a public limited organization that was an essential part of the FTSE 100 Index. In the year 2001, Halifax plc converged with The Governor and Company of the Bank of Scotland and formed HBOS. In 2006, the Bank of Scotland was turned into a standard public limited organization (plc), with Halifax turning into a division of Bank of Scotland. Lloyds TSB possessed HBOS as it was endorsed by the Court of Session on 12th January 2009, and on 19th January 2009 Bank of Scotland, including Halifax, officially turned out to be an important part of Lloyds Banking Group. Presently, the Halifax Online platform is serving more than 6 million customers.
How to Log In or Sign In for the Halifax Credit Card:
To Log In or Sign In for the Halifax Credit Card, follow the below stated steps:
- Visit the main official website of Halifax.
- You can also click on the link given www.halifax.co.uk.
- On the main landing page of the website, choose the “Sign In” tab above, or go to the www.halifax-online.co.uk page.
- Now on the “Welcome to Online Banking” webpage, properly enter your “Username” and “Password”.
- Then press the “Continue” button below and follow the guidelines.
Please Note: To get help for Sign In or Registration contact the Halifax Online Banking Helpdesk at 0345 -602 -0000 (Within UK) and +44 (0) -113 -279 -8302 (Outside UK). The timings are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How to get Registered Online for the Halifax Credit Card:
The Halifax organization guarantees you to refund all your money (including any charges and interest that you have already paid or yet not received as a result) in an unlikely event that you have experienced fraud or any kind of unauthorized activity within their Online Banking Services. They will take preventive steps to digitally protect you (24 X 7), utilizing modern technology and safety measures that meet or exceed the present industry standards, but you must also have to utilize their online banking services carefully. The company will not give you a refund if it is found that you have been grossly negligent, or have acted fraudulently.
To get Registered Online for the Halifax Credit Card, go with the below-given instructions:
- Move on to the authoritative website of Halifax.
- On the home page of the site, tap on the “Register” link above the page.
- Now on the “Welcome – get Started” page, put down your Title, First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth (DOB), UK Postcode, or select (I don’t live in the UK), Your Account Type (Choose – Credit Card), and your Credit Card Number, etc.
- Lastly, by pressing the “Continue” button below, and follow the on-screen guidelines to finish.
How to Apply for the Halifax Credit Card:
Once you get past the “Check Now Eligibility-Tool” of Halifax, on the Credit Card page, you will be able to apply for the Halifax Credit Cards as per your need.
Also Read : Manage your Green Dot Card Online
How to Activate the Halifax Credit Card:
The process of Activating your new Halifax Credit Card is fast, simple, and digitally secure. Now you can activate your new Halifax Credit Card with their safe and secure Online Banking Services. Firstly, you will require to keep your credit card in your hand, Halifax will need the details from the card (like Card Number) along with some of your personal information to finish the activation process. In case if you have already got registered with Online Banking, you’ll only need your Sign In details to get activated.
While activating your card as a part of the process you will be given the opportunity to select more additional services that may benefit you. You will have the option to:
- Make a transfer of your balances, using the card.
- You can also Sign Up for a paper-free statement i.e. the online statements which are available for Halifax Credit Cards through Online Banking, making it more users friendly and easier to manage your account transactions.
- You have the facility of setting up a Direct Debit on your account. This can be done for a percentage or fixed amount, for the minimum or the full and final outstanding balance.
You can take the advantage of these services, like if you are not registered with the Halifax Online Banking Service you still have the opportunity to get register once you’ve activated your credit card. To activate follow the underneath instructions:
- Select your Credit Card from the Card section.
- Here, under the “Manage your Halifax Credit Card” heading, you will find and tap on the “Activate your New Card”
- Now on another page, you will find 2 (two) options: “Activate your Credit Card” (If you are not registered for Online Banking) and “Sign In to Activate your Credit Card” (If you have registered for Online Banking already).
- If you choose the first option “Activate your Credit Card” then on another page you have to enter your Credit Card Number, Date of Birth (DOB), and Expiry Date, and then tap on the “Activate” button below to finish your process.
- Or in case if you choose the second option of “Sign In to Activate your Credit Card”, then you have to Sign In to your account and then follow the activation process to complete.
Please Note: In any case, if you are facing any problem regarding your activation, and prefer to speak to a Customer Care Executive to activate your Halifax Credit Card or want to discuss something else about setting up your Credit Card, you can call the Halifax Telephone Banking Staff available for help. Call on 0345 -944 -4555 (Within UK) or if you are calling from abroad Call on +44 (0) -1733 -573 -189 (Outside UK). The timings are to take your call 7 am to 11 pm, 7 days a week.
Various Credit Cards by Halifax:
There are few Credit Cards offered by the Halifax Group. Some of those are briefly discussed below:
Halifax Everyday Spending Credit Card:
You can now put your regular expenses on an everyday credit card that could help you to keep track of all of them more easily.
Benefits and Advantage:
- This everyday spending credit card generally comes with a low rate of interest on purchases.
- It can be a handy way to budget your regular expenses, like fuel, regular bills, and food shopping.
- You can now add your card to your smart phones and digital wallets for contactless payments. There is no requirement to take your card out, utilizing the benefit of contactless and digital wallets.
- Get a peaceful mind, as most Halifax Credit Card purchases are covered by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for transactions of over £100 but not more than £30,000 in any case if something goes wrong.
- Make your budgeting better, without using various cards for various products, now you can have everything in a single place which may help you stay on top of your budget every month.
Halifax Balance Transfer Credit Card:
A Halifax Balance Transfer Credit Card could be a good way to keep all your existing balances in a single place.
The Balance Transfer Credit Cards generally comes with a welcome offer, so while you transfer a balance from one card to another, you have to pay that interest rate until it comes to an end. Additional transfer fees may be applicable.
Benefits and Advantages:
- Your transfer of balances is generally updated on your account the next working day after they have been approved by the authority, an extra transfer fee may apply.
- This card could be the right choice for you, if you are searching to move other credit cards and selected store card balances, your outgoings can be managed easily with everything in one place.
- You can make a transfer of a minimum of £100 and there is no upper limit of the amount. Just remember to stay within your credit limit, which will be approved for your new credit card, according to your creditworthiness.
- An introductory rate of interest is offered along with this card. After your welcome period, the rate of interest will go to the standard rate for your credit card, which may be higher, unless you clear your balance in full before the welcome offer ends. Remember that, you can lose your welcome interest rate if you do not make a minimum payment every month and stay within your approved credit limit.
Halifax Large Purchases Credit Card:
A Halifax Large Purchase Credit Card can help you to spread the cost of an expensive purchase, which may help you to make it a more manageable way to pay.
Benefits and Advantages:
- This Halifax Large Purchases Credit Card generally comes with an introductory offer on purchases.
- The card can be a useful tool to arrange to fund your planned bigger items or projects.
- You can avail yourself of much better purchase protection in comparison than you get with a debit card.
- Within the introductory offer period, there is no more paying upfront you can make payment for your higher-value goods or services monthly instead of all in one go.
- Make better budgeting and manage your payments to fit your finances. Additionally, get a peaceful mind, as most Halifax Credit Card purchases are covered by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for transactions of over £100 but not more than £30,000 in any case if something goes wrong.
Halifax Travel Credit Card:
A Halifax Travel Credit Card is also known as the Halifax Clarity Credit Card, can help you manage your expenses when you’re abroad, so you don’t require to take the extra foreign currency or a variety of cards with you. There is only one rate for everything you purchase, and no fee is charged on any overseas expenditures.
Benefits and Advantages:
- There are no foreign transactions fees are charged to worry about, using the Halifax Travel Credit Card.
- The Halifax Travel Credit Card offers free cash withdrawals globally although some ATMs may charge a usage fee. The interest will be applicable from the day cash is withdrawn.
- Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for transactions protection also applies for overseas transactions too.
- One of the best benefits of the card is when you make your payment in local currency all your transactions on the Halifax Clarity Credit Card are automatically converted, using the Master Card rate applicable on that day. You will see that the payment is being made in UK pounds anywhere in the world your card is used. Moreover, even ATM withdrawals also count in this conversion process.
- The Halifax Clarity Credit Card policy is based on One card, One rate, Wherever you go. They always charge the same interest rate on each product you buy too, so it’s easier to manage and keep track of all your spending.
Benefits and Advantages (Applicable for All Cards):
- Online Card Management: You can now make your payments, check your account balance, review transactions, request for balance transfers, and many more on your smartphone, computer, or tablet.
- Full Fraud Protection: Get the benefit of not being charged for transactions, without your authorization, as long as you inform Halifax Group in time if you spot anything fraudulent, or if you lose your card or stolen.
- Choose How you Pay: You can now make your repayments through your bank, utilizing your Debit Card, or can set up a regular Direct Debit.
- UK Call Centres: Contact the Halifax UK-based Customer Care Services and call 24 X 7 (in maximum cases) if you are required to talk about something on your account.
- Contactless Cards: Wherever you see the contactless symbol, you can make digitally secure payments. To make your payments even quicker, add your credit card to your smartphone.
- Paperless Monthly Statements: Now you can avail your statements delivered online in your inbox, instead of through your letterbox.
Things to remember while using your Halifax Credit Card:
- Borrow only what you will be to pay back each month.
- You have to make sure that the credit card limit suits your requirements.
- You must try to re-pay back the full amount, all you have spent each month, to avoid the payment of interest to be charged on what you have borrowed.
- The Halifax Master Card is accepted in lots of countries widely.
- Always try to pay in local UK currency when traveling overseas.
- Few ATMs may charge a fee for your Cash withdrawals.
- Halifax Interest charges apply to the cash you take out from the day it’s withdrawn.
- Your overseas transactions above £100 but not over £30,000 are covered by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, UK.
P.O. Box – 548, Leeds, LS1 1WU, UK
For Payment Help (Call): 0345 -944 -4555 (Within UK) and +44 (0) -1702 -278 -430 (Outside UK) Timings are: (Monday to Sunday 7 am to 11 pm)
General Credit Card Services Queries (Call): 0345 -944 -4555 (Within UK) or +44 (0) -1733 -573 -189 (Outside UK). The timings are to take your call 7 am to 11 pm, 7 days a week.
To Apply or Discuss Application Queries (Call): 0800 -028 -3258 (Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday 8 am to 6 pm and Sunday 9 am to 5 pm)
Repayment Cover (Call): 0345 -605 -1150 (Monday to Friday 8 am to 10 pm and Saturday 8 am to 7 pm)
For Card Care / Lost or Stolen Cards (Call): 0344 -871 -5408 or 0800 -015 -1515 (Within UK) and +44 (0) -113 -242 -8196 (Outside UK) (Phone Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Online Banking Helpdesk (Call): 0345 -602 -0000 (Within UK) and +44 (0) -113 -279 -8302 (Outside UK). The Phone Lines are open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
For a Replacement Credit Card or PIN (Call): 0345 -944 -4555 (Within UK) or +44 (0) -1733 -573 -189 (Outside UK). (Monday to Sunday 7 am to 11 pm)
Reference Link :