www.bmo.com/activate – Activate your BMO Card OnlineDebit Card
Different Applications to Activate a BMO Card:
BMO, also called as Bank of Montreal is a Canadian multinational bank and a financial company. It was founded in the year 1817, with its head office in Montreal, and its headquarters and its executive offices located in Toronto, Ontario since 1977. It is one of the five banks in Canada, designated as the fourth largest bank in Canada by market capitalization and assets.
The bank has over seven million customers all over Canada. Besides, providing regular banking services, they also provide their customers with credit cards that offer their customers numerous benefits.
This article will provide you with all the steps on how to activate your BMO credit card online through www.bmo.com/activate before they can be used for purchase and payments.
Before getting into the steps to activate your BMO card, you have to keep the proper details of your card so as to they can be provided during the activation and verification process.
Benefits of BMO credit card-
- You will get rewards which varies according to the type of card you are opting for.
- You will have cashbacks on your purchases for upto 5%.
- You can avail interest rates on mastercards for upto 3.99%.
There are a total of three methods on how to activate your BMO card-
Steps to activate BMO credit card through an Online Account:
- First, open a web browser. Go to the BMO card activation web page using the link www.bmo.com/activate
- There you have to provide the details as displayed on the screen correctly-
- a 16 digit card number
- your expiration date (MM/YY)
- security code
- After you have filled all the requirements, you have press the ‘Next’ button.
- There will be on screen prompts that you have to follow to complete the activation process.
- After you are done with the activation, you can enjoy using your credit card for purchases and payments.
Steps to activate BMO credit card through customer care service:
- First, dial the BMO activation number – 1-800-263-2263.
- An auto prompt voice will come up with certain options, select the option for BMO card activation.
- Then you will be connected to the BMO Credit Card Customer Care Officer.
- Give all your personal detail as well your card details.
- After the completion of the procedure, your card will be activated.
Steps to activate BMO Debit Card though ATM:
- First, go to your nearest BMO ATM.
- You have to swipe your ATM or debit card in the given space.
- Follow the steps shown on the screen and then select the option asked to activate the card.
- After the generation of the PIN, enter in the given space.
- Then follow the proper guidance to activate your card and use it.
Also Read: How to Activate USAA Debit Card
Detailed steps on how to contact the customer service:
Above are the steps of the activation process of the credit card. If you face any problem, you can get to the BMO customer service. Kindly follow the steps for proper assistance. You need to follow the instructions-
- Go to the customer service webpage via the link www.bmo.com on a web browser.
- After entering the web page, scroll down to the bottom and select support and get to the support page.
- There, the online support tool is displayed. Select it, and you be directed to the next page where you can find the assistance for the activation of your BMO card.
- You can also reach them though customer care number- 1-844-837-9228.
- If your card is lost or stolen, you can also receive the assistance there, for which you need to follow some steps that are already provided in the webpage.
- It provides you with every assistance following any problem besides BMO card activation.
- There are FAQs that you can browse for the particular assistance you seek.
FAQs on BMO credit card activation:
How am I supposed to activate my new credit card?
It can be activated online at the activation page using the link www.bmo.com/activate
- On the card, you have your 16 digit card number, security code and expiration date. You have to enter these details in the activation page.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Then, you need to follow a few steps to activate your card.
How can I activate BMO online banking?
A personal banking customer can register with BMO debit card by clicking on the ‘Register for Online Banking’ and then clicking on the ‘Register Online’ option.
How am I supposed to check in my BMO MasterCard statement online?
Follow the steps
- Click in ‘My Account’.
- Then, choose your credit card account.
- Then, view the e statements.
What is the quickest way to talk to a professional agent or to get expert assistance?
The best way is to get an appointment and visit the branch to clarify all your details from the bank personnel. You can also call the customer care service at 1-877-225-5266.